Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A hunnert posts!

I, Roxie, has done ONE HUNNERT POSTS on my Roxie blog! Hooray!
Thank you to all my Roxie blog reeders frum all arownd the world. I evun has reedership from made-up plaeces like Skotterud, Nor-way.

I haev somthing to pass along. This is not somthing that I, Roxie, wuld normaly do since this blog is for and by and abowt me, Roxie, but I will do this becuz I has herd of some horses who needs a home. Mom's frend sent this an I, Roxie, is passin it along so som carriage-pulling horses may not haev to go thru a auction. I, Roxie, almost goed thru a auction once. These are no fun. So if anyone can halp these horses, it would be neet:


"Just received this email today. Three driving horses for sale cheap. They have been part of a SF concession near the wharf. Good opportunity for someone.

Due to the unexpected death of the operator of the carriage driving franchise at San Francisco's Fisherman's wharf area 3 horses are available for immediate adoption for a fee of $450 (to cover the boarding expenses incurred so far) The family of the deceased are not horse people and cannot care for these animals.


Chester - Gray Percheron, around 12 to 14 year old gelding. Solid driving horse who has worked in the city for the last five years. Has also done parades. He is a sweetie.


Colonel - Buckskin Draft/Quarter horse cross who looks more QH than draft. 7 year old gelding, really pretty and sweet. Colonel was being trained to work in the city but has not actually been driven there.


Gilly - Bay Standardbred, 19 years old, has worked in the city for approx. 10 years. The horse that all the new drivers were given to start with.


These horses are currently at a boarding facility 45 minutes north of San Francisco. Their board is paid until Feb 8 at which time the deceased's family want them off their hands.

Also available are 4 white vis-a-vis and harnesses. They will go to Tulare auction but are available for sale now to anyone interested. Please contact April at 707-338-0872 or silverado723@gmail.com."

6 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Roxie congratulations on 100 posts. What a nice way to celebrate by helping some other horses.

Anonymous said...

"made-up plaeces like Skotterud, Nor-way."

I live just 5km from Skotterud, Norway, so I promise you it's a real place.

Anonymous said...

And it's a fun blog you have, Roxie :)

Roxie said...

I, Roxie, has neevr herd of Skotterud, Nor-way. BUT if ftfoi ash-ures me it is reel, then it is reel. Hooray for Nor-way an there fiyord horeses!!!!

Anonymous said...

Klein says Congrats for your hunnerth post!

Angelina said...

I akshully live about 30 km from Skotterud, but your Roxie blog counter always says i'm from Skotterud. And that place is really tiny, so i'm surprised it's on your Roxie counter!