Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ribbins

So I wuz axed if I, Roxie, has been in a show. In fact, I has been in TOO shows. I will tell you abowt them.

Both shows happund a long tiem ago wen I was three. I is gonna be FIVE in the spring time so this is a long tiem. The first one was strange. I getted in the trailur and goed to a big place called a Fair Grownd and ther is a whole BARN full of other horses an I don’t know any of them. Mom knowed them and knowed all of there peeple too. I goed in a big box stall where you hadd to step UP to get into it, just like a trailur. I got lots of hay an water tho so it wasn’t prison or any thing.

After some eeting, Mom putded my Answer saddul on an we went to a strange areena with other horses in it being rided. This is only the second time I had been rided at a place that wuz not my own barn. So I looked arownd at every thing and wiggled away from other horses and went sideways at the big tower. Ther was no one watching tho. So Mom laffed and we rided arownd an then I went back in the stall for food and beddtime. Hooray!

Then the next day was more of the same, only this time ther was LOTS of horses and lots of people standin arownd watching. And ther was peepul in the tower too! But I has seen the tower and the fences and the cornurs and the garbidge cans and stuff the day befor so it wuz cool. So we goed in the ring and walked and trottded and then turned arownd and walked and trottded some more. And then we goed and standed still in the centur of the arena and they called my naem, sort of, and we goed up to a little child person and got a red ribbin! I don’ know what this red ribbin means but it means mom petded me a lot and her frends cheerd and clapped so it must be somthin good. An then we did the same thing again a little bit later, and they sed my naem, sort of, again, only this time they said it first of all the horses! And I got a BLOO ribbin! Hooray for Roxie! An then we waited a little bit more an did it one more time, only this time we lined up and waited turns and then trottded over som poles on the grownd. I, Roxie, knows how to do this but I goed a little crooked cuz it was funnie. An then they call naemes again and I gets another red ribbin! I is the best horse! Mom wuz very happie and givded me lots of treets and pets and then I goed home! Hooray for me!

The second show happend in the fall and I is very used to being taeken places and rided by now. It is basicly the same except Mom puts my wessturn saddle on and wears a goofy thing on her head and we walk, trot and CANNER this tiem. I wuz not verry good at cannering yet so mom carried a whappin thing cuz spurs make me stop cuz I haet spurs. I is very good and I gets 2 yellow ribbins even though I, Roxie, is MUCH faster than the other horses and shuld get bloo ribbins as I was the best mover. Mom sed so. Yup. We were not at that show for verry long cuz I guess they told Mom she culdn’t have a whappin thing. Good. I wish they would com tell her that wen she rides me other places too!

So that is my show ca-rear. So far. I think Mom has more fun in the English saddul so my necxt show will probably be in that one.

9 comments:

Leah Fry said...

Nice to see you back, Roxie. Come and visit me and see what I made my poor horses do.

Janet Roper said...

You're a star, Roxie. Good hearing your stories, I always pass them on to Shiloh.
Harmony,
Janet

Roxie said...

Lee-uh! Stop givin Mom ideeuhs abowt head geer!

dp said...

How many ribbons does Roommate Horse have? Dare I ask?

Roxie said...

HA hahahahah!!!! Roommate Horse is HORRUBBLE at shows! She refooses to walk wen the judgment man sez walk an she is SO so fast and Mom told me a secret once, that her only ribbins is the ribbins you get for being LAST place! HA ha!!!! I is the Best Horse!!

Janet Roper said...

Hi Roxie,
Congratulations! You've been awarded the Butterfly Award for blogs! Lope on over to my blog to pick it up, and thank you for writing such an excellent blog. Actually, tell your mom you deserve some extra grain along with your award!
Harmony,
Janet & Shiloh

Serena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roxie said...

Yaaaaay, an other ribbin! Thanks, janet Roper!

Maximus said...

Wow. I haven't showed yet but it's good to know what happens.

Who knew that you were a superstar?

I hope I can train my human enough to start showing next year.